Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Reflection

Reflection


After, I had done all the projects for Management Information Systems course. In this post I will write about my reflection for the blog entries project and the Google sites project.

First, the blog entries project, it was the easiest project that I had done ever and the more fun too. Because, it was only about creating a new blog with any theme you prefer and then creating new posts with adding some pictures or videos. The most motivational thing in blog is the ease of using it; you don’t need for a web designer to write the information on the web, so simply you can write your own information in your posts. Moreover, anyone can access and share or update information easily in your blog.

Second, the Google sites which include ten of Google tools. I enjoyed the sessions that my classmates did it for Google tools and I see how they are very beneficial for my courses’ projects. So, in my site I had created ten different pages each one of them contains of one tool that I benefit from.

The first page, is about blog and I mentioned before the one of the major benefits of blog which are the ease of using it and ease of sharing information.

The second page, Google Chrome is one of the most efficiency and simplicity tools, it is the tool that helps you to access to all the other Google tools for it. There are many benefits for Google Chrome which are the Snapshots for the more visited site it appears in the home page to ease the entree for the users. In addition, the drug and drop tab features that help to create a tab in the main window to access simply. It also gives the user the opportunity to choose the theme that he preferred from Chrome Web Store.

The third page, about the Google sites, I use it for two of my projects. I create a site for Google tools for MIS course and the other one for the Photo Essay for Photography course.  There are very advantages for it, free and fast and very easy to edit and use. In addition, it not required programming or database skills to create it.

The fourth page, it contain of my usage of Gmail. Gmail has many features that distinguish it from the other normal mails. The advantages of Gmail are that it very easy to you to search by the power of Google Search that is in your inbox. Moreover, it has Hangouts which help you to have video chat with nine people at the same time and watch videos with friends. Also, the availability of Gmail is one of the advantages; you can find it in your devices such as your laptop and phone. I use it in filtering the emails that I don’t want to see it in my in box anymore. In addition, I use it to set-up an auto reply.

The fifth page, Google Searching is the most tools that I used in my projects, which is very helpful for me especially in the projects that need a lot of searching. I used the Google Search Features a lot in defining the words, fill in the blanks and many other things. The benefits of this tool that your search is cover more than eight billions of URLs. Furthermore, it gives you all the selections that might match what you are searching about before you click.

The sixth page, is about Google Docs that is very helpful and useful for me in my projects too. It’s all about sharing documents with your partners. For example, you might share words, power points or excel sheets with your group members, so it gives the ability for all of them to edit in the same document at the same time.

The seventh page, Google Calendar is a tool that helps me a lot in managing my time for deadlines, exams dates and meeting times.  For instance, I use it in sharing the exam date with my group members with a reminder of the date, time and the location.

The eighth page, Google Maps as you know that this tool is very helpful in finding any specific location. Therefore, you will easily find the location that you are looking for. Then, you can share it with your friends. Also, Google Maps give you such features like photos of the place and the traffic of the street around it.

The ninth page, is about Google reader help me to subscribed any website I like and get the updates easily.


The last page, Social Bookmarking includes Delicious.com and Digg.com. In Delicious.com you can share articles, videos and others with your followers in delicious and Facebook too.  In Digg.com you can digg the articles you like and then share it with your followers even in Facebook or Twitter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment